Sunday, February 12, 2012

Abandoned Houses – Perth and Grey Counties, Ontario

On my way to Collingwood, Ontario, I drove past two abandoned homes. The first was covered in vines and sat lonely in a field. The second was hidden behind trees  and had a tub falling through the floor that had completely rotted out. Maps are below, respectively.
vines.1
vines.2
vines.3
vines.4  
vines.5
vines.6
tub.1
tub.3
tub.2
tub.4
tub.5
The first house is located just south of Mitchell on Highway 23:

Map picture

The second house is harder to find. It’s address is 6366 Highway 89. It’s just east of Pike Lake Road, west of Mount Forest.

Map picture

6 comments:

Klaholz said...

That house outside of mitchell isn't abandoned at all you see a white truck parked in there strange...I knew it was ran down but I presumed i was not that bad....its a bachelor who lives there.....he doesn't care what his place looks or smells like!

Heather said...

Wow - I'm surprised the local health officials would allow him to live there. Usually they prohibit that.

Klaholz said...

Yeah it's very hard to believe I drove past there last week when it was moonlight out sure enough there was his truck parked infront of the garage! He lives by himself I heard from my mother that he was going to marry a woman way back his mom prohibited it so well feel bad for the dudde.....now hes all alone

Barb said...

where is this house? if its the one im thinking, i heard its haunted

Klaholz said...

Hey Barb its outside of mitchell ontario going towards kirkton ontario! It's supposed to be haunted? I'm shocked the guy still lives there =s

lilacs2u said...

HOMES WHOSE VOICES HAVE BEEN STILLED !!!!!!